Saturday, September 15, 2007

I feel like I'm treading water(something I can't even do). I seem to be sitting around waiting. Waiting for a job to call me to work, waiting for my youngest to get a few minutes to give me a call, waiting to develop some energy to actually do something! Actually, I am taking over more of my own housework each week. Until Thursday arrives when my helper comes to help me clean. By Thurs. it seems that the work is beginning to win the battle, when Renata to the rescue!! I am finally able to get out and get some exercise. I walk Waldo 4 times a day. Most of our walks last 20-30 minutes. So at least that's some exercise for me, too. My daughter, Kerry, was telling me about the social experiment their family experienced a bit ago. Her boys, 7 and 11, decided they wanted to be the parents for a day, and my daughter and her husband could be the children. Once the rules had been established, no driving the car, and no candy only for lunch (lunch had to be healthy), it was full speed ahead. After making sandwiches, while tending to baby sister, and listening to "I'm hungry, when's lunch going to be ready?" and cutting off the crusts from Mommy's sandwich (while muttering, "Just eat it"), and after cleaning up the lunch mess, the boys had had enough before the afternoon had gotten very old. As 7 year old Sam said, "Now I understand better what you have to go through. (He is the one who usually doesn't like crust on his sandwich and had to fix Mom's the same way. What a fun time. I can't wait to move out there. I just have to be very patient (not my strong suit).

No comments: