Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Dinners

Yes, I had 3 Thanksgiving dinners; at Dale & Shirley's with the Martin siblings; with Joel & Sharon and the Bearden Bunch, and with Rita and Gregg with Judy's bunch. I really enjoy being around so much family. We all had some good visiting and lots of fun. At Rita's we played "Imagine if . . ." it's a good game to play to see how well you all know each other. Lots of fun!!
Waldo and I are looking forward to going to WA & OR to spend Christmas and New Years with Kerry and Travis and families. I did a little decorating today. I am going to have all my sibllings and spouses over on Dec. 9 for dinner and visit. I moved here to be closer to them and don't see some of them very often. Now that I have help with the heavy housecleaning, I feel ok to have company.
I woke up yesterday morning with a terrible headcold. I could hardly breathe. I took some propolis (a natural antibiotic from Brazil made from bee 'stuff') I then slept 3 hours and woke up with clear sinuses feeling much better. I took another dose this morning and feel like the cold is all gone. I will be teaching 4th grade on Thurs. & Friday this week. I'm glad I'm feeling better; otherwise I would have cancelled the teaching job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mom,
Sounds like you had a good time at all of your meals! How was the wine you got when you were visiting Tom and Me in Vermillion? Did everyone like it?

your youngest

Waldo's Home said...

Everyone loved it. We had one bottle at Dale's and one at Joel's. It was liked, I think, because it wasn't so overly sweet, but light and spicy. I enjoyed my time with you and Tom. I can really tell that you two are good for each other.

Ms. Val said...

I can really tell that you two are good for each other.

Yeah! And maybe he'll make an honest woman out of you! :-)

Oops...did I really say that?!?!?!
:-P