Monday, October 29, 2007

Catch-Up Time

This is Lucille's garden in the back of her backyard. It isi a beautiful setting, very peaceful and well-lanscaped and woodsy. I really enjoyed my time there. I made this font purple in honor of the humoungous rutabagas she grew this year. I took one home and it lasted for several meals. Even as huge as it was, it was tasty. I love it in soups, stews, and fried with potatoes and squash.
These are just a few of the flowers Lucille had still blooming in mid-October this year. It is so pretty there. We had a great time.
My car is in the shop today. The warrenty runs out Nov. 1st. When I got back from MT I discovered that the cruise control no longer worked. Figured I'd better get it done before the warrenty is up. I took it in today and they gave me a ride back home. Tomorrow they will have a loaner car for me to use (free of charge) since I may have to go to work.
This afternoon Waldo and I will walk to the vet's. It is about 1 1/2 miles. Waldo has been biting his nails lately so I'd better check if there is something medical there. infection, inflamation, whatever. It's a pretty day out today so the walk should do us both good.
My bed sits on a platform for a base. The mattress tends to slide around sometimes, Usually in this directions since that's the side I bump up against all the time as I sit down. I didn't realize it was so off center when I took this picture! This is an antique quilt I bought in a shop in Stillwater, MN. I know I paid more for it than I would have for a new one, but I love it. The tulip baskets are all applicaded (?sp - I know that's spelled wrong,!) out of cotton on a muslin background. It is perfect for my flower-garden bedroom. I have been spending the last few days reading. While in Mich. I bought a series of books (for 10 cents each) . I have read 6 of them so far. I have 2 more to go, and 6 that weren't available there that I will look for at goodwill and garage sales. I think today I will spend some more time going through my clothes in the closet. Unfortunately, I have gained some weight, so I have to sort thru the clothes and put some away until I lose some weight. It's depressing, but I won't try them back on until I lose 10 lbs. I also have a pile to take to goodwill. I have gone thru the blouses and skirts, but have to get to the pants now. Besides, I still have w--a--y too many clothes for 1 person. I refuse to shop anymore, either new or consignment shops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,

I just got my "NEW" computer up and running, so I finally got to go on your blog.....what a surprise!! Glad you enjoyed the rhutabagas...Hope to see you when we get together for Thanksgiving Dinner.
Love, Lucy