Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blame it on the Brain Injury!

That TBI I had in Jan is coming in useful all the time. This time it was with my car. Apparently nothing was wrong with the cruise control. I just pushed one button instead of two to put it into action. I knew that b efore, but somehow I forgot after not driving for a few days. I don't know how many times I tried to get that working and it just wouldn't connect (with just pushing the "on" button). Oh well, at least I remembered how to drive (at least the important parts!!) Tomorrow night I go to the sleep clinic in Chisago City for my sleep test. It's been 10 years since I got the C-Pap machine, maybe the settings need to be changed. I have not been sleeping well for months now. The sleep dr. said the brain injury is not an insignificant part of the problem, also. And I had my eyes checked with an opthomologist. He said my eyes were fine and are not contributing to my constant headaches. Last night we went to Rita's and helped the kids make a Halloween supper. We had dirty rats (big meatballs), green snakes (mashed potatoes), ghosts (cresent roll triangles pulled into ghost shapes with cheese and olives for eyes and mouths.) They also made cupcakes and cookies. Renata carved her first pumpkin (jack-o-lantern. They do not celebrate Halloween in Brazil. Tonight I am going to church to see the movie, "Luther" with the confirmation kids. At 4 pm I have to take Waldo to the vet again. I took him Monday because he has been chewing his nails a lot lately. The vet said to give him a benadryl 2 or 3 times a day because maybe it was just allergies and he was itchy. He also has been sneezing a bit and rubbing his eyes on the rug. So I gave him one last night before bed and he was up ALL night. I think it worked like speed for him. He chewed his back foot all night. Now the one toe is red and swollen so I will take him in for more suggestions. (Maybe he'll give him some speed to make him sleep tonight. I didn't sleep all night either and am so tired today. Actually, Waldo was good last night; most of the time he just lay on the rug in my bedroom chewing on his foot. So he didn't disturb me. I just took hours to get to sleep and kept waking up. I have had many other nights like that lately, so it wasn't real unusual, but still tiring.

No comments: